Well if you are bodybuilding fan and want to know how to start bodybuilding for men and what are the best tips on how to start bodybuilding for beginners then I will give the brief and very useful advice on how to and what exercises and necessary guidelines and best bodybuilding tips for beginners that will help you to gain maximum muscles and strength.
Since you are beginner to weight training and muscle building then I am sure that these best bodybuilding tips will help you to build muscle mass, strength and size.
But before going into much details you have to decide whether you are starting bodybuilding just for developing your personality or to get some muscles or want to be a professional bodybuilder.
This is important to know because if you are just starting bodybuilding for gaining some muscle and weight then you don’t have to worry much but if you are thinking of making bodybuilding as a career then you have to work really very hard.
But don’t worry this post I will give best bodybuilding tips are beginners or willing to start doing bodybuilding.
14 Best Bodybuilding Tips For Beginners
Below are some of the best bodybuilding tips for beginners and important guidelines which will help you to gain maximum muscles and strength and will help you to get huge in terms of muscularity.
- Train as Beginner : I have seen many times where beginner guys are performing barbell curls with the way they can even lift properly, they get so excited that they want to get those muscles overnight but this is not possible, your body is not a machine and it will take time to develop as the time will go you can see your body getting more muscular and strong.
- Do Proper Exercises: In order to gain maximum muscles and muscularity you have to do your bodybuilding exercises with right technique otherwise you will not see much development because doing proper workouts with proper technique will help you to hit well your target muscle and you will see good results.
- Eat Protein Diet: I have seen beginner guys who don’t know much about bodybuilding and weight training who just go out in the gym and do 3 to 4 hrs workouts without taking any special diet and get sick and injured, So to avoid this you can take a protein shake before and after workout this will help your body to recover from hard workout and heal your body muscles to get fit for next workout.
- Learn Bodybuilding: To know bodybuilding you have to gain some knowledge about how to start bodybuilding specially if you are beginner, what you can do is ask your gym instructor how should i start bodybuilding and which exercises are best, what to eat in my diet and many more things he can tell you which will be very useful in your bodybuilding goal another thing what you can do is read magazines to gain more knowledge on how to start bodybuilding for men.
- Right Weight: To gain maximum muscle with less effort you have to do your weight training with proper weight, don’t try to showoff to your friends and other gym members that you are superman and can lift more weight then you guys, this will not do any good for your bodybuilding goal instead you will increase your chances of getting injured. Do your workouts with the weight you are comfortable with.
- Exercise Combination: You have to divide your workout routine with weight training and cardio exercises because how much weight training is important in bodybuilding the same cardio exercises is also very important because weight training will help your to build muscles and cardio exercises will help you to get lean and lose the extra fat from your body and it will also increase your stamina.
- Workout Time: If you will ask me the question what will be the best time to do workouts then my answer would be no doubt morning why morning? because in morning your body is completely relaxed by overnight sleep and you can gain maximum muscles while doing exercises in morning as compared with tired body in evening.Try to do your bodybuilding workout in morning.
- Divide Your Workouts: If you are starting bodybuilding as beginner then there is no need to divide your workouts in days because you are just starting out but if your are experienced bodybuilder then you must divide your bodybuilding workout routines in days this will help you to gain maximum muscles to your target muscles like you can do day 1 chest and triceps, day 2 shoulder and biceps, day 3 thighs and abs according to your need.
- Increase Weights: If you want to make a huge body and gain more muscles then you have to get out of your comfort zone and you have to train much harder with heavy weight because to build huge muscular body you have to lift serious weight to be honest if you don’t want to lift heavy weight then don’t even think of being like ronnie coleman by mere lifting 10 pounds dumbbell, I am not forcing you to start lifting the heaviest dumbbell on second day to joining the gym but try to slowly increase the weight and intensity of your workouts if you want to get huge and build lean muscular body.
- Concentrate: Most important in bodybuilding is you must concentrate on your reps then looking on others body while doing workout. You must concentrate on your target muscle and feel the weight while lifting because this will help your muscles to contract more and you will see good results.
- Reps Count: If you want to build muscles to your body then you can do 5 to 7 reps per set but if you want to bring more definition and polish your muscles then you can go for 8 to 12 reps per set.
- Days To Workout: You can do workouts 3 to 4 times a week and don’t forget to give rest to your body which is most important and this is the mistake beginner bodybuilders do, they think that working out 7 days a week will make them huge and will gain maximum muscles but this is not right, Your body needs rest to recover from heavy intense workout so give proper rest to your body.
- Don’t Avoid Warm ups: This is the most crucial thing if you want to stay away from injuries during workout, Never ever skip your warm up exercises because doing warm up exercises prior to your heavy intense workout increases the flow of blood in your muscles and it contracts and flexes your body muscles which prepares it for heavy workouts and avoid your body to avoid any injuries during your workout.
- Best Protein Source: Now if you will ask me why I need a protein diet and if possible take protein powder to build muscles the answer is simple ” To make ordinary body you can eat ordinary diet but to make extraordinary body you have to eat extraordinary diet. To build muscles you have to increase your daily protein intake below are some of the best natural sources of protein
Bodybuilding Diet For Beginners
- Duck, roasted, 221 grams – 51.89 grams protein
- Chicken, stewed, 140 grams – 42.59 grams protein
- Turkey, roasted, 140 grams – 41.05 grams
- Turkey, neck meat, 152 grams – 40.80 grams protein
- Chicken, broilers, giblets, fryers, 145 grams – 39.37 grams protein
- Chicken, broilers, breast, meat, skin, 140 grams – 34.78 grams protein
- Chicken, canned, with broth, 142 grams – 30.91 grams protein
- Halibut, cooked, 159 grams – 42.44 grams protein
- Salmon, sockeye, 155 grams – 42.33 grams protein
- Haddock, 150 grams – 36.36 grams protein
- Rockfish, 149 grams – 35.82 grams protein
- Tuna salad, 205 grams – 32.88 grams protein
- Flatfish (sole and flounder), 127 grams – 30.68 grams protein
- Swordfish, 106 grams – 26.91 grams protein
- Lamb, lean, 85 grams – 30.21 grams protein
- Pork, loin, center loin, lean, 85 grams – 27.35 grams protein
- Beef, round, bottom round, lean, 85 grams – 26.85 grams protein
- Pork, shoulder, lean, 85 grams – 27.42 grams protein
- Beef, chuck, 85 grams – 26.40 grams protein
- Beef, top sirloin, 85 grams – 25.81 grams protein
- Lamb, leg, sirloin and shank, 85 grams – 24.06 grams protein
4. Dairy and Eggs
- Milk, 1 cup – 8 grams protein
- Egg, large – 8 grams protein
- Yogurt, 1 cup – 8-12 grams protein
- Cottage Cheese, creamed, 1 cup – 24.16 grams protein
- Hard Cheeses (Parmesan), 1 oz – 10 grams protein
- Medium Cheeses (Swiss, Cheddar), 1 oz – 7-8 grams protein
- Soft Cheeses (Camembert, Brie, Mozzarella), 1 oz – 6 grams protein
5. Beans and Soy
- Tofu, 1 cup – 40 grams protein
- Soy Milk, 1 cup – 6-10 grams protein
- Soy Beans, cooked, 1 cup – 28 grams protein
- Beans (pinto, black, lentils), cooked, ½ cup – 7-10 grams protein
- Split Peas, cooked, ½ cup – 8 grams protein
6. Seeds and Nuts
- Almonds, ½ cup – 16 grams protein
- Cashews, ½ cup – 10 grams protein
- Peanuts, ½ cup – 18 grams protein
- Pecans, ½ cup – 5 grams protein
- Flax Seeds, ½ cup – 16 grams protein
- Sunflower Seeds, ½ cup – 12 grams protein
- Pumpkin Seeds, ½ cup – 38 grams protein
Well these are some of the best bodybuilding tips for beginners and if you liked my post please share with your friend who are also interested in bodybuilding and know the basics on how to start bodybuilding and let them know about these wonderful bodybuilding tips to build muscles mass and strength
And if I have missed any other bodybuilding tips which you know which will be helpful for our readers then you can mention in the comment section and queries and advice are most welcome and I will try to answer them, Keep coming back for more bodybuilding and workout routine tips