Are you looking to find the difference between Creatine vs whey protein then you are on the right post because here I am going to share all the information you need to understand the difference between creatine monohydrate vs Whey protein supplements.
This question has been asked an n number of times in many forums and social networks sites like Reddit, yahoo answers and quora etc so we thought that we could give the better answer for those who are looking for whey protein vs creatine monohydrate supplement.
Below are the general question which many men and women usually ask
- Creatine Vs. Whey Protein Isolate
- Whey Protein Vs Creatine For Weight Loss
- Creatine Vs. Whey Protein For Bodybuilding
- Creatine Vs. Whey Protein Vs Casein Protein
and much more and this list can go on and on but we give you some general queries who are most popular and has been asked many times on popular sites like Reddit, yahoo answers, and quora.
But you don’t have to worry at all we are here to give you the best answer and will tell you what are the major differences between these and why they are used for bodybuilding and weight loss.
We firmly believe that these 2 supplements are the most popular in dietary supplements and nutrition industry no matter you are doing bodybuilding, weight loss, fitness athlete or belong to any sports.
These 2 supplements are the best in the business right now but many people really don’t know what it the difference between them and what exactly they do to our body and what benefits the possess.
For this reason, we are writing this article about creatine vs whey protein and we really hope that you will love this article. So without wasting much time let’s see this one on one comparison between this two most popular supplements in sports and fitness industry.
Creatine Vs. Whey Protein Isolate For Bodybuilding & Weight Loss
Here we are going to take each of this supplement one by one and understand exactly what it is and what are the benefits and how it works. So let’s start with Creatine first
- Creatine is one of the most popular and highly researched supplement in dietary supplements because it is very effective and very powerful supplement.
- Basically, creatine is nitrogenous organic acid found in liver, kidneys, and pancreas of a human body. It is also available in red meat, chicken and fish.
- Creatine Monohydrate is the most popular form of creatine which is available in the market right now which you can purchase and in fact it is the purest form of creatine available which is easy to digest.
- One of the most popular misconceptions among many men and women is that creatine is a protein. No, creatine is not a protein it is nitrogenous organic acid which is naturally produced by human body.
- Creatine is basically converted to ATP( Adenosine Triphosphate) during weight training sessions and our body basically uses this ATP in the form of energy during short training sessions.
- If you are using creatine monohydrate or any other form then you must consume at least 1 to 2 liters of water since it dehydrates your muscles cells by retaining water in your muscles.
- Creatine is extremely safe supplement to use and there are no studies which have proved the creatine has severe side effects. Even though there are not side effects of creatine if taken by a healthy individual however if you have any chronic heart, liver or kidney problem then please consult your doctor before going on the creatine supplementation.
Creatine For Bodybuilding
- As I have told that creatine gets converted to ATP which acts as an instant source of energy during the weight training in the gym and this helps bodybuilders to do more intensive workouts and take their workout routines to next level of success.
- Since it gives your body the instant energy then you can do few additional reps which enable you to put more pressure on your targeted muscles which ultimately results in exponential growth.
- Not only you are going to build the muscles but also you will see a tremendous increase in your strengths and you can easily finish your hight intensity training without getting exhausted.
- Creatine is stored in bones muscular tissues and if you are taking creatine then you can see an increase in the size of your muscle giving it more fuller look.
- This basically happens due to creatine’s ability to retain water in your muscle cells and thus hydrated your muscular tissues.
- This is a really important topic because no matter which supplement you are taking if you don’t follow the proper prescription dosages then you might and most probably will face the side effects.
- Previously I have written an exclusive article mentioning all the possible side effects of creatine you might see if you don’t follow the proper dosage. We would highly recommend you to read the below-mentioned article
- There are 2 ways in which you can take creatine monohydrate supplement one is loading phase and the other one is maintenance phase which means you don’t do the loading phase and directly start your cycle with maintenance phase.
- For beginners, we would highly recommend starting with maintenance phase since taking 20 grams of creatine monohydrate from the very first day might not suit you.
- There is no problem with starting with maintenance phase as there are no studies which show that loading phase is necessary.
- What loading phase is that you take 20 grams of creatine powder spread between 4 doses of 5 grams throughout the day and by doing this your muscles gets saturated fast with creatine and you can see the results faster.
- But if you start with maintenance phase also your muscles are ultimately going to get saturated so there is not a very big difference. So if you are beginners then start directly with maintenance phase and you will get the same benefits as you will get if you do loading phase.
- Yes, we agree that the results will not be that fast as you will get with loading phase but are you really that desperate? No, right so start with maintenance phase and you will be good to go.
Creatine for Weight loss
- Creatine is really a good addition to your weight loss regimen and it will definitely help you to lose more weight. Many men and women who want to lose weight are using creatine monohydrate supplement and are seeing great results.
- What happens it that it helps your body to gain lean muscles mass and increase your metabolism rate which ultimately yields in weight loss.
- With the help of creatine, you can train more intensely in the gym and thus you will be able to burn more calories and the more calories you burn the more fat you are going to lose got it.
Now that you know what exactly is creatine and how it can help you in bodybuilding and weight loss now we more to our next section which is whey protein. Hope you are enjoyed till now 🙂
- Whey protein is the 2nd most popular supplement in the diet and nutrition industry and it’s one of the most popular protein supplement available in the marketplace which is readily available for everyone to buy.
- Whey protein is actually a by-product which is formed during the cheese making process and it’s the liquid which is left out during the separation of cheese from curd.
- It is then filtered, further processed and dehydrated to form whey protein powder which we can use in the form of shakes, bars and power form.
- The biological value of whey protein is very high as compared to other protein supplements like casein protein, soy protein, milk protein etc. It is because it’s very easy to digest and absorbed comfortably by the body.
- There are 2 types of whey protein whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, and whey protein hydrolysate among these whey protein concentrates is cheaper and most popular as compared to the other two forms.
- For those who are lactose intolerant, they can use whey protein isolate because they contain zero to the minimal amount of lactose which definitely suit them.
- Whey protein hydrolysate is more costly than concentrate and isolate since it goes through a more rigorous filtration process and contains no lactose, carbs, and fat which makes it the ultimate supplement for bodybuilding.
Whey Protein For Bodybuilding
- Whey protein is most popular protein supplement in bodybuilding so if you are a bodybuilder then you must definitely have whey protein supplement in yourselves since it has the highest quality of protein with all the 9 essential amino acids.
- Whey protein has BCAA’s ( Branched chained amino acids ) which helps in protein synthesis and promote muscle building effect. There are 3 main amino acids which are Leucine, Isoleucine and valine among this Leucine are most effective in terms of muscle building and protein synthesis.
- Whey protein isolate would be the best choice if you are into professional bodybuilding of want to become a bodybuilder because it helps you to build more lean muscle mass and at the same time keeping the carbs and fat intake to the minimal.
- It is also very best if you are lactose intolerant since it doesn’t not have lactose and very small amount of fat which will definitely help you to stay away from lactose allergy problem.
- Whey protein isolate contains 90 to 95 % protein and the rest is a little combination of carbs and fat which is also important for having a balanced diet.
Whey Protein Dosage
- You can take 0.5 to 1 grams of whey protein per kg of your body weight but some bodybuilders go up to 2 grams per kg of their body weight since they need more protein to build some serious muscle mass.
- But if you are a regular guy who just want to get a fit body and generic amount of muscles then you can start taking 1 grams of whey protein powder per kg of your body weight.
- You can take it as meal replacement shakes, bars and between your meals and it will work wonderfully.
- You can take whey protein concentrate if you don’t have any lactose intolerant problem but if you have then you can choose whey protein isolate and for serious bodybuilders, whey protein hydrolysate would be the best option.
- You can take whey protein as your post workout shake because at this time your body needs protein and energy to replenish the amount of energy you have lost in the gym and repair your torn muscle tissues.
- You can either take them with grape juice or milk but for the lactose intolerant, you can simply take it with water there is no problem in that and it’s better for these to buy whey protein isolate powder.
Whey Protein For Weight Loss
- Whey protein can significantly help you in weight loss process since it helps you to build more muscle mass and boost your body metabolism.
- The higher the body metabolism is the more calories and fat your body will be able to burn during the cardio exercises and weight training.
- For those who are into weight loss can take whey protein with grape juice, dextrose and must avoid milk to get better results.
- The more protein you will have in your system the more anabolic environment it will create which will result in higher protein synthesis.
- More protein synthesis will give you more lean muscle mass as whey protein is digested and absorbed very well by the body and if your body is more muscular then ultimately it will have low fat. Calculation is simple guys
Creatine and Whey protein Together
- Yes, you can take both creatine monohydrate and whey protein supplement together and there is no problem in that, in fact, it will help you to get much better results and at a faster rate if you take only one of them.
- Many professional fitness trainers recommend taking creatine and whey protein powder together no matter you are into bodybuilding, weight loss or any other sport you are going to reap more benefits.
- You can take creatine monohydrate shake as your pre workout supplement and whey protein powder as your post workout shake and this is ultimate combination you can ever get,
- If you take creatine as your pre workout shake then you will be able to do your workout routines with more intensity and thus help you to do more reps and sets even if you are doing the cardio exercise you will definitely see that your intensity level increased dramatically.
- If you take whey protein as you post workout shake then you are giving your body the highest quality of protein which your body desperately needs after serious workout routine and thus creates a more anabolic environment which ultimately results in more muscles gain and faster recovery.
So to sum up this was our article about Creatine Vs. Whey Protein Isolate For Weight Loss & Bodybuilding. We really hope that you enjoyed it and we were to explain you in the best possible why we can.
If you like this post please share with your other gym friends and family members so that they can understand the difference and importance of both these supplements. You can share this article on facebook, twitter, WhatsApp, Google plus and other social media sites.
We really put our heart out on this article to explain in as simple words as we could and thus need your support to spread this article to as many people as we can. If you have any doubts or questions in your mind then feel free to ask us in the comment section below and we would be glad to help you.