Are you looking for whey protein benefits, side effects and dangers involved then you are absolutely on the correct blog post because here I am going to share you all the whey protein benefits and side effects along with the possible dangers associated with it.
Actually, this title does not suit at all on whey protein because it is one of the most popular and widely used dietary supplement in the supplement industry. Men and women are using it in their daily life to keep them fit and active.
No matter they are bodybuilders, athletes or business man everybody is using this wonderful and highly effective sports supplements to meet their daily protein requirements.
Even though there are many people who are frequently asking this questions like what are the benefits and side effects of whey protein and what are the dangers involved in numerous forums and social media sites like Reddit.
It is only due to the fact that whey protein is so popular and every gym goer is taking this supplement so it’s wise to ask this question especially for the beginners who have never taken any kind of protein supplement and want to start taking whey protein.
Most of you might know that whey protein is the safest supplement in the market right now but there are many men and women who just feel hesitant to put anything in their system without knowing the possible benefits and side effects and this is absolutely right.
You must not start taking any dietary or protein supplement blindly and must research whether it is really safe to take on a regular basis. For this reason, we are writing this complete dedicated post in which we are going to mention what are the benefits of whey protein, what are the side effects and if any dangers are involved.
We really hope that you will like this article so without wasting much time lets get straight to the point guys.
Whey Protein Benefits, Side Effects & Dangers
We are going to break this article into sections so that it will be really easy for you to understand each section. So let’s take the first section about benefits of whey protein supplements.
But before that we would like to tell you exactly what is whey protein and why it is used.
What is whey protein
Whey protein is most popular protein supplement on the market right now which you can purchase from local medical shops or from your gym.
Whey protein is formed during the cheese making process and when the cheese and curd are separated some liquid is left out.
That liquid is dehydrated and this is whey. It is then packaged and is readily available for use to use.
Many bodybuilders, teens, and senior citizens are using it to build muscles and increase strength. Basically, there are 3 types of whey protein which are whey protein concentrate ( WPC ), Whey protein isolate ( WPI ) and Whey protein Hydrolysate ( WPI )
If you want to know the difference between each of them then we have written an exclusive article just to explain the differences and benefits of each of these types which you can read below
So now that you know let’s move on to the main topic of this article
Whey protein benefits
- Whey protein helps us to relieve stress due to the hormone it produces amino acid called as Tryptophan which gives our body the feeling of calmness and relaxness.
- It also helps our brain to increase the production of serotonin hormone which if produced less then you feel mood swings and depression
- Whey protein helps our body to build more lean muscle mass however if you are into bodybuilding then we would recommend you to take whey protein isolate or hydrolysate as they have the minimum to no amount of carbs, lactose, and fat.
- These supplements contain more than 90 to 95% of pure whey protein which helps to build lean muscle mass.
- Whey protein helps to lose weight at the same time since you are replacing the calories intake with high-quality protein and thus you are able to build more muscles as compared to fat and combined with regular weight training exercise in the gym you can drastically lose weight at greater phase.
- When you will take whey protein you will increase your satiety feeling which is that you will feel full after drinking your whey protein shakes and you will not feel the urge to eat more.
- This helps you to keep your calorie intake under control and thus helps you gain excessive fat weight.
- Whey protein helps you increase your weight training intensity since it is having all the 9 essential amino acids and most important BCAA’s ( Branched chain amino acids)
- Leucine is the most important branched chain amino acid which promotes muscle growth and increase the protein synthesis within the muscle tissues.
- For complete Whey protein benefits, we would recommend you to read the below article which covers all the advantages of taking whey protein powder supplement
Whey protein Side Effects and Dangers
- Whey protein may cause liver problems if taken in access and many believe that whey protein causes liver failure but there is not written evidence.
- However, we would recommend that if you are having any liver diseases like jaundice, hepatitis B or C then please consult your doctor before taking any protein supplement.
- Because no matter which supplements your are taking may it be creatine or whey protein it the duty of our liver to process and break it down further so make sure that you don’t have any liver complication prior starting whey protein supplementation.
- Whey protein may cause kidney diseases but again no research shows the evidence that the consumption of whey protein powder causes kidney failure and other kidney related disease.
- We think that why people relate whey protein to kidney failure disease is that kidney is the vital organ of our body and if we take excess amount of whey protein supplement then it puts a lot of stress on kidneys.
- But if you are really taking the recommended dose which is 0.5 to 1 grams per pound of your body and we don’t think that there will be any dangers to avoid taking whey protein.
- Again to avoid any dangers and side effect you must consult your doctor if you have chronic kidney or liver disease so that you can avoid the side effects and dangers which might cause to you.
- If you want to read the complete dangers and side effects of whey protein supplement then you must read the below article which we have written previously
So these were the major whey protein benefits, side effects and the dangers which might cause if you are not taking the recommended dose and if you are taking the recommended dose of 25 to 30 grams of whey protein then we don’t think that you need to worry about all the possible side effects and dangers of using whey protein supplement.
If you like this post then please share with your friends and family members who probably don’t know the various benefits and possible side effects and dangers of whey protein supplements.
You can share this post on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and other social media sites remember helping others will help you more and will also help us to spread the awareness about the benefits and side effects of whey protein powders. Thank you.